cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Forward Isn't Working

I have tried testing and sending to the email that forwards to me 3 times, and it hasn't worked. I have tried to email the one that forwards to my wife 2 times, and it doesn't work. Does anybody know what's going on with this? Both say they are forwarding after a brief time of processing.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Email Forward Isn't Working

Obviously Tech Support doesn't monitor the support community forum. That's really odd.

I bought domain at godaddy. I received complementary 100 email domain forwarding free. add all my email . send some email to my old gmail email address, but I did not received that back at my forwarding email.

is your issue solve?

Highlighted

No. I'm still getting emails from my google account saying they're returning and it keeps retrying. I tried emailing the one I have forwarded to my wife's gmail and mine. They keep coming back undelivered.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @tooler82 @RARoger. Sorry you're having trouble. If you share the domain name you're trying to set up the forwarding for, that may help others in the Community offer a suggestion on how you can get this resolved. If you'd like to connect with GoDaddy support, I'd recommend checking out this thread

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I mean I guess it's that I have to setup the MX settings for gmail, but I don't know what to change them to or how to do it?

Also, I'm not trying to pay for GSuite or any other email. I simply want my domain to forward to my personal gmail account to receive the email. That's it! I don't want to send an email using my domain name. I don't know why it's so hard. Figured I just get on the email control panel, setup say a catch-all account to forward to my gmail address, and be done with it. Here it is over a week later, and it's still not forwarding to my gmail account. 

New

For me the same problem. Email forwarding doesnt work for last 3 days. New domain, forwardig 4 adresses like basic info, news, support to gmail account but it doesnt work. Goddady whats wrong with that? When this will be resolved?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mystur. Setting up email forwarding is usually pretty straightforward. If you're using our email forwarding (and and no other email service for the domain), make sure the domain uses the following MX records:

• mailstore1.secureserver.net
  • smtp.secureserver.net

You should only have these two MX records. If you have other records, then the service will only work sporadically. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.