Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kratzbild
New

Email Issue with shared hosting

I have an issue from 24th April 2021 I have an Ultimate shared hosting (All domains attached to this box are affected the same way). Email Issues: 1. Emails sent from outside to any emails addresses (no matter the domain) on this box are not received. 2. Emails sent by any domains attached to this box are not received by the recipient. 3. Emails sent from Webmail from this box no matter the domain to any recipient outside are not received. 4. Fetching emails from either POP3 port 995 : using incoming server : secureserver.net doesn’t work. What could it be? 

4 REPLIES 4
PL281
Super User IV

@Kratzbild 

What is one of the domains that isn't working - the first thing that comes to mind is there maybe an SPF record configured which is blocking things

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thank you for your msg,

Actually, I noticed it impossible to connect to any mailbox via an email client or via google using neither the SSL setting secureserver.net or using mail.mydomain.com - I am getting this error:

Connection Error.
Server returned error "Connection reset by peer: The other server terminated our connection. Please ..."

Keep in mind that I didn't make any changes to the DNS and the original setting was working perfectly well until 24th April.

1. When I try to send a message from outside to a mailbox hosted on the box, no message received.

2. The only way I can access a mailbox hosted on the shared server is via Cpanel -> Roundcube.

3. If I sent an email from a domain hosted on the shared hosting to a different domain hosted on the same server, the email arrived, after I checked the same using Roundcube for that particular email.

Unfortunately, @Godaddyhelp on twitter is helpless and very poor support.

@Kratzbild 

1) I would still need to know one of the domains to look at some of the DNS settings

2) GoDaddy's 2 main support channels are Phone & Chat - while you can sometimes get a linked provided via Twitter - it is not an official support channel

From what you are describe it sounds like there maybe some MX records not configured and perhaps an SSL certificate not setup

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I had a chat with Godaddy tech support today. I have been said after they check the shared hosting that I have no issue on the shared hosting server. However, because shared hosting servers use Godaddy email relay. I just need to wait until the email queue is clear on the server, that how the shared hosting platform work!!!!! - I have not been able to send or received emails for 6 days and impossible to connect via a third party ( Gmail, or outlook or mac mail to any email boxes on this hosting.

Do you experience this before?@PL281