cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Email Logging Out When Sending

In the past 24 hours, my Workspace Webmail account has started acting wonky. When I go to send an email, it opens a pop-up box that asks me to log into my account in order to send the email. I do, and then the email still won't send. Never seen this happen before, but it won't go away. Unable to send email for the past day. Any thoughts? 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Email Logging Out When Sending

This is happening to me too!  Very frustrating was happening Friday and figured it was a godaddy problem and they would resolve it, but here it is Sunday Night and the same thing is still happening.

New

We are also having the same problem.  Get kicked out of GoDaddy when we try to send emails.  The problem is not consistent, though, and occasionally an email will go through.  Very frustrating.

I've been dealing with this issue through June and July and have spent hours on the phone with godaddy, to no avail. They told me I am the only person with this problem. I was ready to pay my computer consultant (although in the past when I've done this, it has been a godaddy problem) and decided to keyword search it. Guess what? This problem was reported in 2016 and 2017, as well as this thread currently, so it is a reoccurring problem. I have no solutions and will hold off paying my computer consultant, who usually figures things out, because I do want to pay for something godaddy should be doing.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @really1. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! More often than not, this type of issue is related to browser settings/configuration. Login credentials and email composing (when using webmail) are handled by your browser. Often issues like this are caused either by browser caching or a conflict with a browser plugin/extension. I'd suggest first clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If that doesn't help, then try using a cacheless browsing window (FireFox private window, Chrome incognito, etc.), then an entirely different browser. If that also doesn't work, see if you can duplicate the issue on a different computer, such as a mobile device. Once you identify where the root issue is, you can then look for a resolution. Hope that helps.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I have been having this issue through June and July also.  Happens on all computers, all browsers to all employees.  Extremely frustrating!  Clearing cache does not help.  Happens when I login from home too.

Same problem here, but ony over the past two or three months.  What seems to happen is that I open one of my two Go Daddy email accounts and then forget to hit the "log out" button before closing the browser window or going to another web page. If, later on, I log in to the other account, Go Daddy and the browser will let me do so and will let me open and read emails in the second account.  But if I write an email and try to send it I get the "you must log in" message and the email I just wrote is deleted--not stored in drafts, but deleted. As others have pointed out, this happens on every computer and in every browser, so "clear the cache" is a useless suggestion.

It seems to me that the problem is the failure of Go Daddy email to automatically log you out when the browser window closes.  That may be by design (the "keep me signed in" feature), but there's no way to override it that I've found. And it seems to me that there should be some way for the browser or the servers to know that someone is trying to log in to a second email account and pop up a warning or close the first one.

None of these suggestions fix the issue. I have spent the last 2 hours with tech support and troubleshooting this issue. Godaddy needs to realize the problem is bigger than just clearing your cache. When my email will not send, it is obsurd that I have to clear out my cache, try different browsers, then try different devices. I don't know any small business that has time for that. Since it is a recurring and apprently a random issue, I think Godaddy  needs to take this seriously. I have done all of the above and nothing is working.

My main issue is that I either get logged out or my email will not send. Please understand that clearing our history is not working. I'm sure I'm not alone in my frustration. I have noticed that others have had this issue for several years now. Clearing the cache very rarely works.

Thank you, mcivella. GoDaddy keeps telling me I'm the only one (in all the world) with this problem. They've told me this on other issues they either can't figure out how to resolve or don't care to. I don't believe them and most of the time I am proven right when others step up and say they are having the same problem.

What I would like to do is send GoDaddy a bill for the time that I spend with tech support and trying to work around this issue. I don't mean to sound so frustrated but I'm tired of my browser getting the blame.

This is still an ongoing issue for many. However, it does not appear that Godaddy is interested in fixing this. They suggested using a different email service they sell...……….