cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Email doesn't work

Hello, I just got a new domain and the email doesn't seem to be working. I tested it out by sending myself an email from another address and no email got to my domain's email inbox. Maybe I should check out my email settings, but I really have no clue what kind of info to look for. Maybe you have more informed suggestions?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Email doesn't work

@mekleni wrote:

Hello, I just got a new domain and the email doesn't seem to be working. I tested it out by sending myself an email from another address and no email got to my domain's email inbox. Maybe I should check out my email settings, but I really have no clue what kind of info to look for. Maybe you have more informed suggestions?

Thank you!

@mekleni Go into your hosting manager and then click on your hosting plan, then click on "email" on the left side. This should bring up the email interface. Also make sure that the nameservers on your domain are configured correctly. You can do this in your domain manager, click on the domain, click on "nameservers" and make sure they are set to the top default setting, it will say email, hosting, etc in parenthesis 

@justingodfrey thanks!! Luckily I see that the email started working, I mean it's receiving emails I sent as tests. However, i do have one more inquiry. I set up the forwarding section on my domain's email so that I get all incoming mails to a gmail address I most often use. It seems only some of the mails are being forwarded. Could this be a temporary situation? And one other thing. How do you suggest I proceed with mail authentication? I looked up info on google, but bottom line is "contact your provider". 

Thnx!!

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

@mekleni wrote:

@justingodfrey thanks!! Luckily I see that the email started working, I mean it's receiving emails I sent as tests. However, i do have one more inquiry. I set up the forwarding section on my domain's email so that I get all incoming mails to a gmail address I most often use. It seems only some of the mails are being forwarded. Could this be a temporary situation? And one other thing. How do you suggest I proceed with mail authentication? I looked up info on google, but bottom line is "contact your provider". 

Thnx!!

@mekleni if you're already using Gmail I would personally add your email addresses hosted at Godaddy to the Gmail account, this will pull all emails from the server that hit your inbox

Super User II
Super User II

@mekleni to add your Godaddy hosted email accounts to your Gmail account or Google business email you'll go to : Settings, Accounts, "Add another email account" and use the following information when setting it up: 

Mail is sent through: smtpout.secureserver.net
Secured connection on port 465 using SSL