cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Email server returning Authentication Failed errors

For the past 7 hours or so, I'm getting "authentication failed" messages when trying to retrieve my domain mail from *.prod.ia2.secureserver.net. I have gmail setup to fetch my domain email and I can also do it directly in my local client. Both are failing. I've made no changes to email settings. If I log into my account via cpanel and go into my email via the Horde interface, it tells me "User xxxx@mydomain.com is not authorized for mail".  GoDaddy has obviously broken something on their email servers in the past few hours.

7 REPLIES 7
New

Re: Email server returning Authentication Failed errors

I even tried resetting my email password in the cpanel interface but neither Horde nor Roundcube will let me login. Horde still says "user not authorized" and Roundcube says "login failed". How is it that I'm the only one (apparently) having this problem today?

New
Solution

Working again now. Apparently whoever is in charge of the email server woke up in the past 30 minutes.

New

I'm experiencing the same problems.  cPanel email was working fine both using webmail and my email client until about an hour ago.  Now I am getting the same error messages described above with Roundcube and Horde, and cannot connect via my email client.

New

My email just started working again, after a 7 hour outage.

Highlighted

I am currently having the same exact issue.  Did you have to contact Go Daddy directly or just wait it out?  My e-mail accounts are all set up through cPanel and they all just get responses from the server of authentication failed (in the same way as the OP, even getting the login issues on Horde despite using correct login details).  Been using the service for at least three years now and never ran into this issue before.  

I'm hoping to have this sorted out in a couple days as its my main e-mail also being affected.  Right now just planning on waiting a little bit here today.

It somehow fixed itself after several hours. This was in June, I haven't had an issue since then.

Thank you for the reply.  Yes, it seems to have just fixed itself just now!  Thank you for this post, I was quite worried about it this morning.