cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails sent from website not being received on Workspace accounts

I'm building a ASP.Net application on a GoDaddy Windows hosting account. One of the functions of this application is that it needs to be able to send me email notifications for certain events (Order placed, contact form submitted, etc). I am using the following code for this, which is pretty straightforward.

Public Shared Function SMTPSend(ByVal MailFrom As String, ByVal RcptTo As String, ByVal subject As String, ByVal body As String) As Boolean
        Try
            Dim message As New MailMessage
            message.From = New MailAddress(MailFrom)
            message.To.Add(New MailAddress(RcptTo))
            message.Subject = subject
            message.Body = body
            message.IsBodyHtml = True

Dim client As New SmtpClient
            client.Send(message)

Return True
        Catch ex As Exception
            Return False
        End Try
    End Function

Messages that are sent to external email addresses (Order confirmation to my yahoo account) are delivered just fine. However, messages that are sent to any of my accounts setup in GoDaddy's Workspace email are never received. Initially, I thought this might be because the to and from address were the same, so I set up a second email address and used that as the from address instead. Messages are still not received when sent to my own GoDaddy email addresses. Nothing shows up in Bulk mail either. Obviously basic functionality is working, as I receive emails that the application sends to external addresses, so it must be something internal to Workspace. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Telarin,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you are having issues receiving email. I'd recommend contacting live support so they can check the server.

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.