cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Enabling Email from Subdomain of Godaddy Site/Email

Hi! 

I am having serious trouble trying to enable the use of subdomain for email for my URL on Godaddy.  I need to be able to receive email from a subdomain account and address but I can't for the LIFE of me figure out how to make this happen.  Any help would be much appreciated! I have created A record for the subdomain.  Because I needed to for the use of the domain.  But from there I am lost. 

- Sanny

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Enabling Email from Subdomain of Godaddy Site/Email

@sannysweet 

So if your domain is 123abc.com and you want to receive email at employee.123abc.com.

You will need to setup an MX record for that. In the DNS when you add the MX record in the "host" field instead of putting @ you would put employee and then the points to is where ever your mail server is.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted

Awesome that is super helpful.  Question though I still can't seem to get an external mail (mailjet) to recognize that I own employee.123abc.com.  I create dns record that is asked (txt) but not connecting/seeing.  

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@sannysweet 

I'm assuming as per the instructions here https://app.mailjet.com/support/how-to-validate-an-entire-sending-domain,214.htm

You've put in employee.123abc.com???  It should have given you a the TXT record.... 

You may need to do mailjet_RANDOMSTRING.employee  for the host 

which would = mailjet_RANDOMSTRING.employee.123abc.com

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

ohmagawd! Thank you so much @PL281!  I didn't realize I needed to add the .abc at the end.  You're a hero...