cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Enhanced spam filtering

Folks,

I do not know if GoDaddy personnel monitor this or not, but I am looking for a spam filtering option to either filter what appear to be nonsense domains (i.e. @cngdovfnnrwpfs.ctxsnw.bioclown.space) or even add DNS confirmation of senders.  Clearly @cngdovfnnrwpfs.ctxsnw.bioclown.space is not a legitimate sender.  And this is an increasingly common technique used by spammers.

I host Workspace email for several family members.  I waste a lot of time every day clearing out obvious spam and it appears to me that spam filtering is not getting much upgrade attention.  The simplest thing would clear 90%+ of the ones I see.  Like blocking email from any name with more than ten characters to the right of the @ symbol.  Or let the email recipient even define a rule where they can pick "Block email with how many characters to the right of the @ symbol?" and have it be a changeable number.  No legitimate business has a name with all the periods and other characters to the right of the @ symbol so this just seems like low-hanging fruit being ignored by whomever is supposed to be staying on top of the GoDaddy anti-spam efforts.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Phillip

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Enhanced spam filtering

@Skyking 

In order to do this, you'd need to set up the spam rules for each inbox with Workspace. I use it myself and that's the only way I've ever found to stop that kind of stuff. I would suggest upgrading your email as Workspace itself is a little dated.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted

Re: Enhanced spam filtering

@MrVapor I appreciate the reply, but even when I look at the custom filter options I do not see any obvious way to say to block email from domains with more than "X" characters to the right of the @ symbol or that they must end with .com, .net or .org.  If you can give me a more specific pointer on how to do either, but preferably the first example, I would welcome it.

Thanks,

Phillip