cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 550 Relay not permitted

Hi,  Email was working fine, but I noticed I haven't received anything in a while.  I sent a test from my Gmail, and received a bounceback as follows:  

Your message couldn't be delivered to xxxx@xxxx.com.aubecause the remote server is misconfigured. See technical details below for more information.

550 Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client. mail-pf0-f174.google.com [209.85.192.174]:44581 is not permitted to relay through this server without authentication.

I am able to send emails to anyone else from Gmail, and have tested from other email accounts, all with the same result to the GoDaddy domain.  I've checked my MX records on that domain and are set to mail.mydomain.com, which it has always been and has always worked.  

Does anyone know what I need to change to get emails again?  

1 REPLY 1

Re: Error 550 Relay not permitted

@techpros wrote:

Hi,  Email was working fine, but I noticed I haven't received anything in a while.  I sent a test from my Gmail, and received a bounceback as follows:  

Your message couldn't be delivered to xxxx@xxxx.com.aubecause the remote server is misconfigured. See technical details below for more information.

550 Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client. mail-pf0-f174.google.com [209.85.192.174]:44581 is not permitted to relay through this server without authentication.

I am able to send emails to anyone else from Gmail, and have tested from other email accounts, all with the same result to the GoDaddy domain.  I've checked my MX records on that domain and are set to mail.mydomain.com, which it has always been and has always worked.  

Does anyone know what I need to change to get emails again?  

Same problem here! any help?