cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Exchange email setup with Spark Email application

Hello

I have been trying to set up my GoDaddy Exchange email with the Mac app Spark using their Exchange option when creating a new account but no success. No problem with Apple Mail. The response I get from Spark is:

Dear Barry,
Please see the list of cases that can prevent you from successful authorization with your email account in Spark:

1. your Exchange account does not support EWS protocol - Spark does not support Active Sync at the moment
  2. your Exchange server has an earlier version that 2007SP1

Would you mind confirming that your GoDaddy account meets requirements above? 

Best regards,
XXX
Readdle Support Team

I tried a manual setup with the GoDaddy setting but still no success. Any ideas? Someone must be using Spark and GoDaddy email out there?

Thanks.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@bmlvail - Looking at the options that Spark has to offer via there website, it shows you connect via GoDaddy, Office 365, Exchange, or manual. I'm curious, reading through the thread, I didn't see what email service plan you are using with GoDaddy. Could you share?

From previous thread mentions, this is what I'm showing for your MX record via mxtoolbox.com - https://prnt.sc/uosd2w (screenshot). Here is the SMTP results that are being shown via mxtoolbox.com - https://prnt.sc/uosdhn (screenshot).

Looking at your MX record, I'm assuming your are using 365? If that is the case, do you by chance have two-factor authentication enable on your 365 account? If so, reading another Spark help document it seems like Spark doesn't support two-factor and you will need to create an app-password, since Spark doesn't support two-factor according to there support document. 

If you tried setting up via the manual way, I'm curious what IMAP and SMTP settings did you use?

Just trying to see if I can help additional!

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

View solution in original post

The latest update to Spark Mac finally allows Office 365 authentication!

Version Spark 2.9.5.744

21 REPLIES 21
Employee

Hello @bmlvail and welcome to the Community!

I apologize for the late response and welcome. In regards to the issue of adding your GoDaddy email service to your Spark app, I was able to complete research for this issue and found a few help articles from the Spark app's website with steps to completing the connection:

I am not a Mac user and I have never user the Spark app but I hoped these articles I found helps. Again I apologize for responding late and hope you have a wonderful day!

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

Tried this process several times and it will not work. I am able to access via Apple Mail but NOT via Spark.

Unfortunately I have never used Spark and I am not an expert at troubleshooting the app. If it works with Apple Mail and not Spark then the issue might be Spark related but again I am no expert at using Spark. 

I am sorry the suggested solution did not work. I will share this thread with GoDaddy and other end users who may provide better assistance.

Hello again @bmlvail !

In order to help further assist, can you please provide your domain and screenshots of the settings your using. This way someone in the Community can help offer a better suggestion.

I appreciate your time and thank you in advanced 😁.

Domain is www.1to3go.com / blevinson@1to3go.com

Tried manual, Exchange and Office 365 options.

"I do not have permission to upload images."

Domain is www.1to3go.com / blevinson@1to3go.com

Tried manual, Exchange and Office 365 options.

"I do not have permission to upload images."

Hi @bmlvail ,

I'm following up to see if you had any success in the set up?  If you did, could you please share with the Community what worked or how you solved?  Hope your day is great!  😊

Sales and Support available 24/7 via phone or chat

Hello again @bmlvail !

I am sorry for responding two weeks later. In order to share the screenshot of your settings, at this moment if you use imgur.com which is a free image sharing service. If you post the screenshot as a hidden post and share the link, there may be others who could help further assist troubleshooting the Spark product.

Hi, I am having the same issues with trying to connect Spark, was this solved?

Thanks in advance

I'm having this exact same problem and godaddy support hasn't been able to be much help at this point. Anyone find a way to solve this issue?

@dudedrum , looking on the Spark website, check this link out - https://sparkmailapp.com/help/186-cannot-add-an-exchange-or-office-365-account.html

Within method one they have a link that tests your connection. Give that a try!

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

Thanks @davisdre317 - funny thing is that my godaddy email account works great on Spark for iPhone, just not on Spark for my Mackbook. And I've tried everything everyone's suggested and then some. Will call Spark next.

@dudedrum - that is very interesting that it works on your iPhone but not there MacBook, as they should be somewhat a similar experience for both OR at least that is how Apple makes it feel like. 

I don't have either hardware, nor do I use Spark, but I'm wondering if you can compare settings for both, since it sounds like from Spark, that if it works on one hardware, it should work on all. 

I wonder if others on this thread have a similar experience like you? (ie. that is works on their iPhone, but not their MacBook).

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis

Above does not work-- From Spark:

Nikol - Sep 1 2020, 05:28 PM

Hello Barry, 

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad I understood you correctly. 

As for now, I'm afraid the additional steps of verifications aren't supported. But we have saved you in our system and please be assured that we'll let you know as soon as it's supported in Spark. 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you during this time.

Best wishes,
Nikol Smoliarenko
Spark Support Team

@bmlvail - Looking at the options that Spark has to offer via there website, it shows you connect via GoDaddy, Office 365, Exchange, or manual. I'm curious, reading through the thread, I didn't see what email service plan you are using with GoDaddy. Could you share?

From previous thread mentions, this is what I'm showing for your MX record via mxtoolbox.com - https://prnt.sc/uosd2w (screenshot). Here is the SMTP results that are being shown via mxtoolbox.com - https://prnt.sc/uosdhn (screenshot).

Looking at your MX record, I'm assuming your are using 365? If that is the case, do you by chance have two-factor authentication enable on your 365 account? If so, reading another Spark help document it seems like Spark doesn't support two-factor and you will need to create an app-password, since Spark doesn't support two-factor according to there support document. 

If you tried setting up via the manual way, I'm curious what IMAP and SMTP settings did you use?

Just trying to see if I can help additional!

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis

Thanks for all the help @davisdre317 and everyone else. I will try the idea of using Spark iPhone settings for Spark MacBook. Regarding two factor authentication, I read somewhere along the way that turning it on would help, then I tried app specific password which took me down a two hour rabbit hole with no result (app specific password doesn't seem to be an option any more, at least on 365 settings). That said, I don't need it and happy to turn it back off if that will help.

The latest update to Spark Mac finally allows Office 365 authentication!

@bmlvail

So, that resolved your issue?

Can you please let the community know what version # updated to  resolve your issue so everyone can reference to it when reviewing this thread? Since there was several GoDaddy Community members using the same product with similar issue(s). 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis

Version Spark 2.9.5.744

@bmlvail , thanks for sharing to all!

@dudedrum, glad to hear that Sparks new MacOS updated version solved your issue as well.

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis