cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Financial institutions say they cannot contact me via email, intermittent problem

Hi everyone--I hope someone can help me with this very frustrating problem:

I recently had two real estate transactions which required extensive back and forth with agents.  My Godaddy email account would reject emails from one agent, apparently due to links in the footers of his email which were required to be there by his broker company (Keller Williams).  These emails would not get blocked when sent to my wife's account which is with Spectrum, so we were forced to run the majority of our communication through her account.  In addition to this problem, I also occasionally receive letters from reputable financial institutions at which I have accounts indicating that they were unable to contact me via email, and I suspect that problem is due to their emails also being occasionally rejected by Godaddy's overly-aggressive spam filtering.  I apparently have no control over this, since I have my Workspace account settings arranged so that supposed spam is marked as such and put in my inbox, not returned.  Why would Godaddy's server block emails as spam if they are from a financial institution such as Synchrony Bank, Wells Fargo, or Fidelity Investments?  Other email servers, such as Spectrum's, apparently are smart enough not to do this.  Is there any recourse other than moving my email away from Godaddy?

Thanks for your help!

7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Financial institutions say they cannot contact me via email, intermittent problem

Hi @stbasil. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community. Having the right level of "aggressiveness" in spam filtering can be tricky. I can certainly understand your frustration though. Filters can be manually configured to clear specific content, but a request has to be sent to or email admins for this to happen. The best thing the sender can do is use the form that is provided in the bounceback to request that their content be cleared. If you can somehow obtain the original email that was being sent as a .eml or .msg file, then you can connect with our customer care team and they can help get the request reviewed. The second option is a little harder to do since you're already having trouble receiving emails from them, and that's likely how they'd try to send you the file.  Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Re: Financial institutions say they cannot contact me via email, intermittent problem

Thank you, Jesse. 

I saw your virtually identical response to another poster, so I actually did do my research before posting this complaint!  The problem is that we are talking about huge companies, like Fidelity Investments for instance (45,000 employees), and they are not likely to pick up the phone and call a customer to provide any helpful diagnostic information if an email bounces!  All they do is send a letter, and I have gotten several of those from many different companies.  The real issue here is that the user, me, is not able to give a pass to any one company's emails to allow delivery to my personal email address.  I understand that is because the first level of filtering happens at the server, but the truth is, Godaddy's filtering bounces perfectly legitimate communications from reputable companies, which other email services do not bounce, all without providing the owner of the email account any feedback whatsoever that a bounce happened.

So, my solution is this:  I will transfer my domain to another domain management service which also provides an email account (there are many to choose from), thereby allowing me to keep my .com domain email address.  Of course, that could be problematic because the new service may have a similar spam filtering problem, so I will need to do additional research to hopefully make sure I don't "jump from the frying pan into the fire".

Community Manager
Community Manager

@stbasil. I understand. Yes, I provided a similar answer as your situation is essentially the same. I definitely understand your frustration, though. You can try connecting with our customer care team and letting them know what domains are involved. If they are large companies, that may be enough to allow our advanced teams to do some research and identify a problem. Sorry Man Sad  

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi - I posted this below and want you to know there are others out here frustrted with godaddy not addressing this issue

I have had godaddy mail since they began. Now I have this same issue.

I am sure many other people have the problem but do not even know how to google it. I finaly found this thread.

Godaddy is the problem here. This just started about two years ago.

Bank of America Fails

Fidelity fails

TDAmeritrade fails

Wells Fargo fails

Why FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS ????

These are IMPORTANT emails, godaddy, not lightweights. YOU have a problem and like the other said, it will cause me to move my domains as I am missing email financial statements and updates.

This is SERIOUS and the problem needs ELEVATED - PLEASE!!!

This problem is affecting many long time customers, including me. Just got off the phone with GoDaddy support and they can't help. If the issue is not resolved by next renewal, my domain will be moved. In the meantime, the only option is to provide rejected senders with a different address.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @dalefeiste. Thanks for posting. I can definitely understand how this situation would be frustrating for you. When you spoke with support, they should have been able to double check to see if there were rejections from a specific sender associated with your account. If that didn't happen, I'd encourage you to connect once more to ask for the mail server logs to be reviewed. If a message comes in and is rejected, they should be able to find it if you can provide the address that is sending to you. If you provided that information and our care team wasn't able to find anything, then the next step would be to work with the sender. You'd want to obtain a copy of the email that they tried to send and the rejection notice received. I know that might be difficult, but without that information, it would be hard to determine what's happening. 

I have the very same issue, also with emails specifically from Fidelity Investments.  If GoDaddy is unable to resolve this, I too will have to take my business elsewhere.  I don't want to, but I have legitimate emails I need to receive from Fidelity Investments.