cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Forwarding to my gmail account

Hello, I am trying to forward mail to my gmail. I made a forwarding email that should forward to my gmail account from the control center. 

Now next step should be MX records, cloudflare handles these for me though. I assumed I should be using gmails MX records so here is how they are set up: JS3xs

Now, I think I should be able to forward mail sent to my domain. But with gmail and Yahoo, I get an email back claiming the email address you tried sending to doesn't exist.

What am I doing wrong here?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Forwarding to my gmail account

Hey @Gamerein,

If you are using Workspace Email and have a MX record that is improperly setup there should be some kind of a symbol next to the email? Workspace particularly does a great job in getting the settings proper and it is automated one you click the error. Check out Forwarding email and/or Change your email forwarding account. I can't imagine that you'd need to directly touch your MX records unless your setup was highly customized? I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Like I mentioned, I use Coudflare. So the Workspace Control Center can't see my MX records or edit them...

Edit: Sorry for replying late, I forgot about the post

Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

I somehow missed the Cloudflare part @Gamerein and I couldn't initially see the image you attached. It seems to me that you have it setup exactly right? The only resources I could offer is How do I add Google Apps MX mail records? and G Suite MX record values but it seems like you already have that information. The last thing to probably do what is suggested in Step 3 of the G Suite Troubleshoot MX records. I hope that helps? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head