cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Free email credits - what are they?

I got the following as an email:

We are removing unused Workspace free email credits from your account in 30 days.

Some time back, you bought a domain or hosting (or something) from us and we threw in some free credits to set up a Workspace email account. Because we no longer offer Workspace email as a free product option, in 30 days we’re removing the unused credits from your account. If you already activated a free email credit, there won’t be any disruption.

I have a number of domains.  The following is the list of my plans (with fictitious names replacing my real domain names)

SomeName : US, 35/100 accounts used, 968 MB/1000 MB used - Free Account

Email Account 2: US, 1/1 accounts used, 100 MB/1000 MB used - Free Account

Free Account with domain: SOMENAME.COM: US, 1/1 accounts used, 2 GB/2 GB used - Free Account

Free Account with domain: SOMENAME.INFO: US, 1/1 accounts used, 2 GB/2 GB used - Free Account

Free Account with domain: OtherName.COM: US, 1/1 accounts used, 2 GB/2 GB used - Free Account

Free email addresses for SOMENAME.COM: US, 5/100 accounts used, 82 MB/100 MB used - Free Account

Free email addresses for ANOTHERNAME.NET: US, 1/1 accounts used, 1000 MB/1000 MB used - Free Account

AnotherName: US, 1/1 accounts used, 25 MB/1000 MB used - Free Account

FourthName: US, 1/1 accounts used, 25 MB/1000 MB used - Free Account

Which are the credits? 

Is a credit associated with each line (I think called a "Plan")?  so 9 credits for the above?

Or is a credit associated with each email address, so 207 credits for the above (so credits = total potential accounts)

Or is a credit associated with each MB?  (so credits = 11.1 GB)

Thanks for any insights.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Free email credits - what are they?

@tonyCalif wrote:

I got the following as an email:

We are removing unused Workspace free email credits from your account in 30 days.

Some time back, you bought a domain or hosting (or something) from us and we threw in some free credits to set up a Workspace email account. Because we no longer offer Workspace email as a free product option, in 30 days we’re removing the unused credits from your account. If you already activated a free email credit, there won’t be any disruption.

I have a number of domains.  The following is the list of my plans (with fictitious names replacing my real domain names)

SomeName : US, 35/100 accounts used, 968 MB/1000 MB used - Free Account

Email Account 2: US, 1/1 accounts used, 100 MB/1000 MB used - Free Account

Free Account with domain: SOMENAME.COM: US, 1/1 accounts used, 2 GB/2 GB used - Free Account

Free Account with domain: SOMENAME.INFO: US, 1/1 accounts used, 2 GB/2 GB used - Free Account

Free Account with domain: OtherName.COM: US, 1/1 accounts used, 2 GB/2 GB used - Free Account

Free email addresses for SOMENAME.COM: US, 5/100 accounts used, 82 MB/100 MB used - Free Account

Free email addresses for ANOTHERNAME.NET: US, 1/1 accounts used, 1000 MB/1000 MB used - Free Account

AnotherName: US, 1/1 accounts used, 25 MB/1000 MB used - Free Account

FourthName: US, 1/1 accounts used, 25 MB/1000 MB used - Free Account

Which are the credits? 

Is a credit associated with each line (I think called a "Plan")?  so 9 credits for the above?

Or is a credit associated with each email address, so 207 credits for the above (so credits = total potential accounts)

Or is a credit associated with each MB?  (so credits = 11.1 GB)

Thanks for any insights.

@tonyCalif  Yes, each credit is an email address and the 1000MB is the storage allotted with the total number of credits. Godaddy used to offer these credits for email accounts when you registered a domain.

---

So when GoDaddy says it's removing unused credits, does that mean that where I have 35/100 accounts used, and 5/100 accounts used, after they "remove" credits, I'll have 35/35 and 5/5?

In that case it would be best to add 65 and 95 accounts respectively to reserve for possible future use.

Solution

Hi @tonyCalif,

Welcome to the Community!

No, the free credits that will be eliminated are those that are never used on the whole. As you have redeemed the hosting credit by setting up email addresses on each plan, the capacity of those will remain. If you have set up 35 addresses in a "100 available" plan, that plan will still remain. The removal of unused free credits refer to any hosting email PLANS (not addresses) that have not been setup, or any free credits (individual address credits) from domain purchases that are unused.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support