cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

GoDaddy domain on Outlook will send e-mails but will not receive them

We set up an outlook 365 account using our custom domain.

We have the ability to send e-mails from the outlook account, but it doesn't appear we are able to receive e-mails to the account. We have send several test e-mails to no avail. Someone please help and give specific direction as I'm not highly computer savvy. Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Super User III
Super User III

Re: GoDaddy domain on Outlook will send e-mails but will not receive them

@Bbyrne21 

This sounds like a DNS issue - what is your domain name so we can confirm your DNS settings

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

I am also experiencing the same problem using the mail app on my iPhone.  I can send emails via this app but cannot receive anything.  I have done hours of strenuous testing with Apple Support today after spending two hours with GoDaddy chat support.  I can see all the test messages going through Workspace webmail but only sent messages are flowing through the iPhone mail app.  Also have a custom domain name.

Super User III
Super User III

@KimE62 

As I asked @Bbyrne21  as well - what is your domain name.

Not being able to receive emails usually points to a DNS issue and MX records not being pointed correctly.

For Office 365 it is normally domain-com.mail.protection.outlook.com.

For GoDaddy WorkSpace Email it's smtp.secureserver.net  and mailstore1.secureserver.net

@KimE62  For your specific issue are you receiving mail in the webmail and just not on your phone or not receiving email in the webmail either.  If it is just on your phone I would recommend deleting the account and re-adding it, also making sure it's set to IMAP so it mirrors what is on the server

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

New

No problem at all with Workspace webmail.  Can send messages too from iPhone mail app, just can't receive them.  The domain name is chiropractic.beaconsfield.co.uk.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled all of this several times today to no avail!

Super User III
Super User III

@KimE62 

When I look up chiropractic.beaconsfield.co.uk in mxtoolbox.com - there are no MX records for that 

There also doesn't seem to be any A record or cname for chiropractic.beaconsfield.co.uk

So I'm curious what email address you are receiving to in the WorkSpace Webmail.

When I lookup the MX record for beaconsfield.co.uk it's going to mailserver.beaconsfield.co.uk

New

sorry, domain is chiropracticbeaconsfield.co.uk

Super User III
Super User III

@KimE62 

Great - The MX records are set correctly - so that says you are set for incoming mail to WorkSpace - 

So now to address the issue on your iPhone - Can you confirm you have the settings in the iPhone account match to https://www.godaddy.com/help/use-imap-settings-to-add-my-email-address-to-an-email-client-4714

New

Re: GoDaddy domain on Outlook will send e-mails but will not receive them/

Yes, I have used all these settings several times today, plus all the other alternatives suggested on the GoDaddy website troubleshooting pages.
Kim
Super User III
Super User III

Re: GoDaddy domain on Outlook will send e-mails but will not receive them/

And are you getting an error message or just not receiving anything - perhaps you can post a screen shot of the mail app