cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Godaddy Microsoft 365 vs Microsoft 365

HI,

Why is GoDaddy's O365 branded as Premium when it is very different from the offering from Microsoft, not only that GoDaddy claims to give you a 30% discount. The 30% goes away when the renewal happens and it will renew at $20 Canadian. Now if you compare this with MS their standard plan with 365 the list price for the ms standard plan which is what you're getting with godaddy NOT the premium, will end up being more expensive.

MS 365 stand is what you get when you sign up for Godaddy Premium

MS 365 premium you get two additional products which you don't get with godaddy, you need to buy them separately.

MS standard is 16 Canadian list

MS premium is 25.60 Canadian List

GoDaddy promotion 30% off for what they call premium is cheaper but on renewal will be charged 20 Canadian which is more then the standard version at list from MS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

When GoDaddy first started offering O365 I thought "Oh great. Exactly what I need, another layer between me and my email." I understand that frustration @erhardh but having dealt with my share of issues with O365 I can tell you without a doubt, the GoDaddy O365 offering has value.

Now, I'm not a fan of that whole renewal pricing strategy but it nevertheless it is one way of doing business. When there is a GoDaddy product I am getting a discount on, I typically do a multiple year term. Usually by the time the third or fifth year comes around there is another deal out there and my existing product probably needs to be migrated?

All of that said, one of the things I like most about GoDaddy is their customer support. I find it to be a value add at almost any price point. I have dealt with O365 issues on both the GoDaddy offering and the Microsoft offering. You can always get a cheaper price for most of the GoDaddy products but don't let the cost be the primary factor @erhardh. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

When GoDaddy first started offering O365 I thought "Oh great. Exactly what I need, another layer between me and my email." I understand that frustration @erhardh but having dealt with my share of issues with O365 I can tell you without a doubt, the GoDaddy O365 offering has value.

Now, I'm not a fan of that whole renewal pricing strategy but it nevertheless it is one way of doing business. When there is a GoDaddy product I am getting a discount on, I typically do a multiple year term. Usually by the time the third or fifth year comes around there is another deal out there and my existing product probably needs to be migrated?

All of that said, one of the things I like most about GoDaddy is their customer support. I find it to be a value add at almost any price point. I have dealt with O365 issues on both the GoDaddy offering and the Microsoft offering. You can always get a cheaper price for most of the GoDaddy products but don't let the cost be the primary factor @erhardh. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post