cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Godaddy Office 365 Powershell Issue

I used to be able to connect to my Godaddy Office365 tenant over powershell - which made several management abilities much quicker as I can script various things.

I recently attempted to login again and no longer can - this seems to have happened after my tenant environment was updated to the latest variant from Microsoft.

Here is the current error:

New-PSSession : [outlook.office365.com] Connecting to remote server outlook.office365.com failed with the following error message :
[ClientAccessServer=CY4PR0601CA0020,BackEndServer=cy1pr19mb0552.namprd19.prod.outlook.com,RequestId=7509b1d1-5455-4f59-9c66-f4557c3fdf8a,TimeStamp=1/16/2018 5:50:12 PM] Access Denied For
more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
At line:2 char:12
+ $Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -Conne ...
+            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : OpenError: (System.Manageme....RemoteRunspace:RemoteRunspace) [New-PSSession], PSRemotingTransportException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : -2144108477,PSSessionOpenFailed
Import-PSSession : Cannot validate argument on parameter 'Session'. The argument is null. Provide a valid value for the argument, and then try running the command again.
At line:3 char:18
+ Import-PSSession $Session
+                  ~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (Smiley Happy [Import-PSSession], ParameterBindingValidationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationError,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportPSSessionCommand

and here is the powershell used to connect:

$UserCredential = Get-Credential
$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://outlook.office365.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $UserCredential -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection
Import-PSSession $Session

1 REPLY 1
Solution

Re: Godaddy Office 365 Powershell Issue

I solved this issue myself by resetting the connection account password and verifying that MFA was disabled for that account.

Hope this helps anyone else.