cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Godaddy charging for email

Why are Godaddy now charging for their web mail (over £100/year for 2 email accounts), and using GDPR as an excuse to do so? 

Very disappointing, and not impressed by the service associated with this issue.

Webmail (which is rather old software) has been included in the packing, but for some reason no longer. I would appreciate an answer, as there is nothing in GDPR to justify or drive this charge.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Godaddy charging for email

Hi @Penllysbach,

I'm sorry to hear you are unhappy with our prices, we try to keep our prices competitive. It sounds like you may have purchased something at a promotional price and the renewal is now the standard price or depending on the plan you have there may have been a price increase. Our prices are always subject to change and will renew at the current rate, it is not related to GDPR. 

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: Godaddy charging for email

Indeed I know it is not related to GDPR, but the support staff I spoke with gave this as a reason for charging for the email. They also quoted different pricing to renew the email.

I have requested a copy of the transcript of the call, but, 4 weeks later am still awaiting a response. 

As I mentioned earlier, not impressed with this service and lack of responses.

Thanks