cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Goddaddy email and microsoft authenticator app nightmare

I've recently moved my hosting to Godaddy and as part of this i moved my email to Godaddy as well.... the email is info@dean-robinson.co.uk

Now every time I try and log onto my email it asks my to authenticate with microsoft authenticaor app but I have NEVER used this!

I installed the app and tried to add my email info@dean-robinson.co.uk but it says the email doesn't exit..... help.. I can't get into me 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TLH

Hi @deanrobinson,

Welcome to the Community!

Microsoft has enabled a new policy for all Office 365 users called Security Defaults. This policy prompts customers to enable MFA using the Microsoft authenticator app. If this has already been done by the email plan's administrator, or you wish to disable this feature, you can use these instructions to manage this authentication in your account. It's simply another effective way to prevent unauthorized access to accounts.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TLH

Hi @deanrobinson,

Welcome to the Community!

Microsoft has enabled a new policy for all Office 365 users called Security Defaults. This policy prompts customers to enable MFA using the Microsoft authenticator app. If this has already been done by the email plan's administrator, or you wish to disable this feature, you can use these instructions to manage this authentication in your account. It's simply another effective way to prevent unauthorized access to accounts.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post