cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

How do you move email accounts from one webhost account to another? (both within my reseller host)

I have two "Unlimited Business Email" accounts that I need to move to another Webhost Account within my reseller account.  Moving a domain name was super easy, there is an option for that under domain management.  It should be a simple change.  I don't need the email plans to change, just the account where they show up.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: How do you move email accounts from one webhost account to another? (both within my reseller hos

Hello jweaks,

Thank you for posting your problem in Godaddy Community. 

You can move email accounts from one webhost account to  another by following these steps;

• Create a new email account on the NEW SERVER with the same address and password
  • Download the files off of the OLD SERVER
  • Transfer files to NEW SERVER
  • Reset Mail Quota
  • Change DNS
  • Finally, send a test email to the account. If that works send an email from the account. You’re done!

For more info 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66uk1fxk_AQ

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.
Highlighted
New

Re: How do you move email accounts from one webhost account to another? (both within my reseller hos

Thank you.  I was hoping that I could make this change as an administrative move, which is really all it is, and not have to move servers or otherwise change the mail plans.  Creating new email plans means buying them, and we've already paid one of the plans into 2020 so it doesn't make sense to create new ones.  But thank you for the answer and we'll keep it in mind.