cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to change display name is Workspace

Is there any way to change the name that my recipients see from firstnamelastname@example.com to First Name Last Name <firstnamelastname@example.com>?

Basically I just want people to see my name as well instead of only the e-mail address.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: How to change display name is Workspace

@jus2017 wrote:

Is there any way to change the name that my recipients see from firstnamelastname@example.com to First Name Last Name <firstnamelastname@example.com>?

Basically I just want people to see my name as well instead of only the e-mail address.

@jus2017 This can be setup in the "Identities" section, instructions are here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/configuring-my-personal-settings-in-web-based-email-3915

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
New

It doesn't seem to be working as expected. The "from" name appears as the text to the left of the @ symbol.

Also, I don't see the identities option when using the updated view -- is the identities info only used if the classic view is selected?

I am trying to solve this same issue.  'Identities' isn't an option for me.  Any solution to this?

I couldn't find the Personal Settings in the updated view, but switched to Classic View and found it there under the Settings.  Then I was able to change my name.

Someone at GoDaddy or anyone kindly let me know how to change the display name of my mail at the recipient end - there are no options in settings, nor there is Identities as an option for me. There are no options to go to a Classic View as some are suggesting. I even tried through WEBMAIL. In a nutshell nothing is happening. Is this a major technical snag at GoDaddy?????

HELP HELP

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @officejairah. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! There are a few different email platforms we provide so if you're not seeing the options mentioned above, you might be using something other than Workspace Email. Generally, this is an email client setting, whether that client is a webmail interface or an app installed on your device, like a mail client. Usually, it's just a matter of entering your name in the client's settings. If you can provide more information about what you're using to manage your email, that may help others offer a suggestion on how you can change this. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Same Problem Here. I have GoDaddy Business Email Plus email. Receiver can see only my first name when they receive my email. No Option of Classing mail or other discussed earlier.