cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
lweongarden
Novice

How to find Enable Read Receipt feature on email

I'm looking for the 'read receipt' feature on email and cannot find it. Am I overlooking something obvious or is it not there?

15 REPLIES 15
GoDaddy Pro Proficient
GoDaddy Pro Proficient

Re: Read Receipt

Hi @lweongarden,

The Read Receipt option location varies on different applications and/or products.  In order to answer your question, we will need some additional information.  What email service do you have and what email client are you using?  Are you using the standard email that is included with normal hosting services, or have you subscribed to workspace email using Office 365?  Are you using webmail, or an email client like Outlook?

Novice99
Novice

I use godaddy workspace webmail - how do I enable the read receipt?

Hi @Novice99

There is not a way to enable the read receipts option within our Workspace email. It is not a supported feature. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Dallasusa11
Novice

@charminglygeeky wrote:

Hi @Novice99

There is not a way to enable the read receipts option within our Workspace email. It is not a supported feature. 

Terrible.

themur47
Novice

Do you have an upgrade that allows you to request read receipt?

Solution

Hey @themur47,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

No upgrade options within our Workspace email plans. I have heard of some users having success using clients such as Outlook which allows the setup of read receipts, but this often requires the address to have IMAP enabled. 

We do offer Email Plans powered by Office 365 which should allow the setup of Read Receipts. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

This is a fundamental email client feature (Web or otherwise) than has been omitted (booo).

Enviro-FOAM
Novice

Re: How to find Enable Read Receipt feature on email

"Read Receipt" is a feature that should be incorporated to Workspace Webmail.  I use GoDaddy for my business email and need confirmation when a customer receives a quotation that I email.  Would someone from GoDaddy please bring this up at a board meeting?! 

TWG
Novice

Unreal.  So there is a known issue that is major in regards to the fact that outgoing emails aren't being received yet there hasn't be development on the email client to provide us with a read receipt?  What sense is that?

ProTech
Novice

Why has this feature not been added, it can not be that hard for a company that deals in online activity to incorporate this BASIC feature into the workspace email server

kwrusse
Novice

It was there up to a couple months ago. I used it in my business. Now it's gone.
1EC
Novice

Hello,

Has GoDaddy made or plan to make any effort to implement "Read Receipt"? 

Thank you

Steve-O
Novice

I have no plans to use Office 365 (i.e. Outlook) and am mostly happy with WorkSpace but would very much like to see read receipt incorporated.  As others have said, it is really a basic email function that any client should have.  Thanks.

I'm using Outlook on an iPhone. Is there a way to set up a read receipt in this set up?

papajohnsBBQ
Skilled

GoDaddy only knows how to upsell! Not offering read receipts for their web based email is ridiculous. It's all about huge profits for them. It's clearly not about considering what the customer wants. Upsell upsell upsell.