cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to stop the spam emails coming to my inbox daily?

Dear all,

I have been getting 100's of spam emails daily since some time, I added the DNS setting of adding a TXT record already but i dont think that seems to be working at all. I tried adding the value to "v=spf1 mx -all" and just "spf1 mx -all" as well but in vain. Can someone please guide me how to stop the spam emails coming to the inbox daily. The emails have the following subject and sender

Mail Delivery System [Mailer-Daemon@should.have.included.a.domain.com]

and the email looks like below

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its
recipients after more than 24 hours on the queue on IS-09836.

The message identifier is: 1ftsPm-0001P6-5r
The subject of the message is: Premium dates finder ,Only from your area 
The date of the message is: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 13:36:56 +0300

The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:

rhowell_14@yahoo.com
Delay reason: SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<aziz@midtransgroup.com> SIZE=2911:
host mta6.am0.yahoodns.net [74.6.137.65]: 421 4.7.0 [TSS04] Messages from 78.129.207.45 temporarily deferred due to user complaints - 4.16.55.1; see https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN3434.html

No action is required on your part. Delivery attempts will continue for
some time, and this warning may be repeated at intervals if the message
remains undelivered. Eventually the mail delivery software will give up,
and when that happens, the message will be returned to you.

Please help!

Thanks in advance

Regards

3 REPLIES 3

Re: spam emails on one of my domain email ids

Hi @weblogia,

Thanks for posting. If you recently added an SPF record it may still be propagating. DNS changes can take 24-48 hours to take effect. If it has exceeded 48 hours and you are still getting spoofing emails I'd recommend contacting live support so they can take a closer look at the situation. 

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hi @Lisi,

Its the same, updated the SPF record a couple of times, waited for weeks now and the spam is still coming in the inbox. The live support and the support on call have just suggested to change the password. Still the spam emails are coming with different email ids each time but the same message  subject "Message cannot be delivered". Today morning there was an email from go-daddy.com email Id, saying that the account has been compromised. It is getting too much. Please help!

Solution

Hi @weblogia

Usually, adding the SPF records works, or you can try changing your spam filter level within your mailbox to a higher level by following these instructions

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support