Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
satimis
New

How to temporarily lock an user's email account"

Hi all,

I'm administrator. How can I temporarily lock an user's email account?

On cPanel -> Email Account

On the user's email, there are 3 icons, lock, ?, trash, can I use any one of them?

Thanks

satimis

2 REPLIES 2
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @satimis. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

I guess the answer would depend on what you mean by "temporarily lock". If you mean a lock that will automatically expire or completely disable the account, then I'm not sure there's a way to do that. You could always reset the password for the account (which is what the lock icon would do), then later, let the user reset the password to get back into the account. That's the only way I can think of. Perhaps others in the community will have additional suggestions, though. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

Hi ,

Thanks for your advice.

What I'm trying to do is not to allow the user temporarily to login his/her account and all incoming mails to this account will be automatically rejected.  The former can be achieved by changing the password.  To the latter there is an option mentioning that the user is on holiday, NOT in office, with all incoming mails rejected  I'm now looking for how to do it.  Please help and advise the steps.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

satimis