cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

How to use my existing Microsoft office 365 account with my new website?

Hi My I am Kowbok and this is my first post in the community forum.

I have recently activated my website and would like to set up an email account. I have an existing Office 365 account with Microsoft, my question is may I use my existing account with my website (and if so, are there instructions) or do I have to purchase one of the plans offered by GoDaddy, any assistance offered is kindly appreciated.

Cheers, Kowbok

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hi Kowbok, welcome to the community!

You can definitely use your existing Office 365 account with Microsoft.

How to use it with your website depends on the kind of website you're building. If you're using our Websites + Marketing product, the easiest way to use it would be to add it to your site-wide settings. You can get there by clicking Settings, then Basic Information as seen in the picture below.

wm email settings 2.png

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Hi Kowbok, welcome to the community!

You can definitely use your existing Office 365 account with Microsoft.

How to use it with your website depends on the kind of website you're building. If you're using our Websites + Marketing product, the easiest way to use it would be to add it to your site-wide settings. You can get there by clicking Settings, then Basic Information as seen in the picture below.

wm email settings 2.png

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

Hi Angela

I  built my site using Adobe Dreamweaver and I am uploading directly from the program. I would like to create an email address for example: edmundm@eddiehebson.ca how does one do this?

Why can't I choose any of the options in the Email creator fields

Hi @kowbok,

If you are already using the domain for a Microsoft Office 365 address, you can't use it for another email plan at GoDaddy. The MX record (mail record) on the will only resolve to one server, and that's the one you have at Microsoft. If you want to create an email address on a hosting plan at GoDaddy, you can register another domain to set that up. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support