cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having problem with my domain email

I have several problems with my domain email.

First, the default email is alphanumeric ending with secureserver.net. Is this right? Shouldn't it be like the normal email?

Second, is there a way I can change this default email to something I prefer? Something like admin@domain.com?

Third, the email I created using my domain name isn't working. I can send email with it, but I can't receive email with it. And when the email I send with it reach their destination, a question mark appears in that circle beside it.

Please I need help 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: I'm having problem with my domain email

@Mel10 

This sounds like you are using a cPanel server and need to setup your MX records to point to the server. If you can post your domain we can better assist you.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

My domain is adaezeabba.com. Thank you
Super User III
Super User III

@Mel10 

All it looks like you haven't set up the DNS with GoDaddy - the only thing I'm seeing is your IP address

You would at least need to set up an A record for mail pointing to  107.180.40.109 and then set up the MX record for @ with a priority of 10 pointing to mail.adaezeabba.com 

I would also setup a CNAME for www pointing to @

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Hello PL281,

I tried setting up CNAME and A record but I got the following error message, "An unexpected error occurred. If this issue continues, contact support" I guess it's because this has already been set up.

And as for MX record, I was able to do that successfully. However, it didn't solve the problem. I'm still unable to get mails in my inbox and the ones I send reach the recipients with a question mark.

Please is there any other thing I could try?

Super User III
Super User III

@Mel10 

It looks like the MX record is setup now - https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=mx%3aadaezeabba.com&run=toolpage

So in terms of your email - I made the assumption that the email you set up is on the cPanel server you are running - is this not the case?? - Can you send a screen capture of your email setup??