Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drizzle77
New

I set up a new email accounnt can log in on thunderbird, but cant send and receive email

I set up a new email, can log in on my phone thunderbird and go daddy using squirrel mail but I cant send or receive emails, they are getting lost somewhere, how do I fix this problem. 

1 REPLY 1
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @drizzle77. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! My guess would be that you either don't have the correct DNS settings for your domain or your cPanel plan isn't set up correctly. (I'm assuming you have cPanel because you mention Squirrel.) You can take a look at the correct cPanel DNS settings here. I recommend making sure you have both the mandatory and optional records listed on that article. You'll also want to make sure your cPanel account is set up to use local delivery. You can change that by:

1. Log in to your GoDaddy account.
  2. Click Web Hosting.
  3. Next to the account you want to use, click Manage.
  4. In the Email section, click MX Entry.
  5. Chose the correct domain from the dropdown.
  6. Under Email Routing, chose Local Mail Exchanger (if it isn't already selected).
  7. Click Change.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.