cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Iphone wont send after update HELP

Did the iphone 5   sprint ##update# and now i get ( the user name or password for "smtpout.secureserver.net" is incorrect).  HELP when i try to send an email.  Worked fine until i did the update.

5 REPLIES 5
Employee
Employee
Solution

Re: Iphone wont send after update HELP

Hi mkolka, 

From my experience with the iPhone setup this is most likely due to the outgoing server settings. Unfortunately, iOS will not include the username/password needed in the outgoing server section as it finds this section as "optional" which cause the issue of not being able to send as our server require this information to validate your business email before sending the message through the servers. 

I have found a 3rd party article that shows how to get to the Outgoing server section, however please only use it as reference as the server information within the help guide is also 3rd party and should not be used for workspace email.

Workspace email | Outgoing Server Settings:

HOST NAME: smtpout.secureserver.net  (This may change depending on the region of your workspace email)

USERNAME: Type in your complete email address (example@mydomain.com)

PASSWORD: type in your email password

USE SSL: "ON" (recommended) "OFF" (not recommended)

AUTHENTICATION: "Password"

SERVER PORT: 465 (SSL enabled)  or  25, 80 or 3535 (SSL not enabled)

How to update SMTP (Outgoing Server) settings on iPhone / iPad

https://support.jubjub.com/knowledgebase/43/How-to-update-SMTP-Outgoing-Server-settings-on-iPhone-or...

Hope this helps!

-Techfly

New

Thank you!  I tried all the different combos and nothing works.  I have deleted my account from my phone and reset it.  I even brought it to Sprint and they cant figure it out!!  Very frustrating!

I've had this problem since I got a new phone a few months ago (I switched from iPhone 6 -7). I've spent hours on the phone with tech support and when they were unable to fix it they send me to my carrier (T-mobile) who said it was the mail server. Now I have to send all my email from my iCloud account (which, of course, points to the problem being Go-Daddy.) Really annoying.

I just saw this I'm going to try this right now because the strange thing is I'm having the exact same problem the person that you replied to was having I can receive email fine but I cannot send any longer I simply get a notification saying my password is not correct when in fact it is correct so I'll try this and let you know if it works thank you kindly

After reading your complete response to the question and your resolution I'm confused about one thing you said and here it is
You typed
"however please only use it as reference as the server information within the help guide is also 3rd party and should not be used for workspace email."

I am with you on that I don't like sending business emails from my iPhone with an iCloud account because it doesn't look professional. I I am a Go Daddy fan so hopefully this issue can be fixed I didn't know everyone else was having this issue until I logged in and searched this forum I'm glad I found it good luck with your issue