cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Is there a way to swap a primary email with an alias email within the same user?

Is there a way to swap a primary email with an alias email within the same user?

CURRENT SETTINGS

Primary Email:

Lucy@******.com

Alias Emails:

support@******.com

pamela@******.com

I WANT IT TO BE

Primary Email:

Pamela@******.com

Alias Email:

support@******.com

Lucy@******.com

Anyone know the trick to changing this or if there is any way to do it? Or do I need to contact goDaddy?

Thanks everyone!!

4 REPLIES 4
Solution

Re: Primary Email & Alias Email

1. First create an alias using your office 365 menu > Active users. The alias will be shown once saved.
  2. Then, Login to your primary godaddy account that you use to manage your domains or hosting
  3. Next, go to My products, and under this you will see various sections - domains, hosting and  Email and Office
  4. Click 'Manage all' under Email and office section of my products
  5. You will come to a page listing the users. Click 'Manage' against the user whose id you want to change with an alias
  6. Now you will see 4 tiles - Password, Aliases, Reset DNS, Delete account. Do not click and instead scroll down to 'Account Information' and click Edit
  7. Under username, replace the old username with the alias you wish to use as the primary email id
  8. Click Save
  9. It will take a few minutes to take effect
  10. Go back to the office365 menu and check the active users and aliases. You will see that the primary id is now swapped with the old one now shown as alias
Solution

Do NOT add the alias.  Instead:

1. Click 'Manage' against the user whose id you want to change with an alias
  2. Now you will see 4 tiles - Password, Aliases, Reset DNS, Delete account. Do not click and instead scroll down to 'Account Information' and click Edit
  3. Under username, replace the old username with the alias you wish to use as the primary email id
  4. Click Save
  5. It will take a few minutes to take effect
  6. Then you will see the original email has been added as an alias 

I would like to change my email address Shankshminspections@rocketmail.com to b.j.shankconstruction@gmail.com. I’m trying to delete that old email and no longer want to use it anymore

can you include a screenshot please? I do not see the "Manage" option under a specific email account, just Attributes, Alerts, Usagetemp.JPG

and when you click on the pencil icon, it just gives you "Edit".. there was no "Account Information"