cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Is there any way to rename an email address?

A new person came on board and replaced previous person.  I just want to rename the old email address to the new person so she can get the historical emails.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Is there any way to rename an email address?

Specific instructions will depend on the client you are using to access your emails @John237. Basically what I would do is export the emails from the former employee, create a new email account for the new employee and import the emails from the former employee into the new account. After you are sure the email import was done correctly I'd delete the former employees email account. I would them create a forward email address the same as the former employee forwarding to the new employees email account. 

That method insures that anyone not in the know would still get emails to someone in your company. I'd probably also have the new employee have some stock text to let people know of the change. I hope that helps? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Thanks.  I was thinking of doing that but it is very cumbersome.

Is there any way to export the mailbox (Inbox, Sent, etc.) from inside GoDaddy?  I can open the mailbox through Workspace Manager but I don't see an export.

I can always front-end it with Outlook and create a PST or copy it to another mailbox.  Once again, very cumbersome.

Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

In this case the long way is actually the easiest? 

There are certainly instructions for this @John237. Check out How do I back up my Web-Based Email Account? that of course assumes you are using WorkSpace email. 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head