cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joomla 3.9 Go Daddy Office365 Mail SMTP help

Hi There.

I am really struggling this afternoon. 

I have a Joomla site running Joomla 3.9.x 

I run the site for a local sports club, which is basically a charity. I advised the Club the buy Go Daddy hosting, as the previous hosting company were pretty poor and were over zealous in their locking services.

The site on Go Daddy is great However, I want to link the Joomla mail to the mailbox we created with Go-Daddy, in Office365.

But the settings Go Daddy product do not work.... I am working with:

SMTP Host : smtp.office365.com

Port: 587

SecuritySmiley FrustratedTARTTLS

....and usual username password.

But it just wont connect? I can't understand what I am doing wrong? 

any helpers? 

thanks

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Joomla 3.9 Go Daddy Office365 Mail SMTP help

Hi @JohnOdell. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! You should be able to send emails from the website using the domain name in question without having to use Office 365 SMTP servers. You'll need to use our hosting SMTP servers to send any mail from your website. To do so, you can reference relay-hosting.secureserver.net in your Joomla install. Then, you'll want to make sure the domain has the following SPF record:

v=spf1 include:secureserver.net -all

If you're using any other email services (like a newsletter provider) you'll want to make sure you have an SPF record for them as well. If you use GoDaddy Office 365, then the above record will also cover sending from that service. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.