cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Lost emails from switching from GoDaddy to Wix

We switched our business domain from GoDaddy to Wix. When we did, we lost connection to our emails associated with the domain, @xelasound.com . I reconnected the emails, but any emails that were sent in the time between transferring the domain and reactivating the emails have not arrived yet. Are these emails lost or are they somewhere on a server with GoDaddy that can be forwarded to me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@JDSlagle 

Once you changed your servers, your email service ceased to exist.   Email is based on where those DNS / MX servers point to -- if there is no mail server there is no email. 

Depending on what systems sent to you there may be a slight chance some emails are out there somewhere and a resend attempt may happen.  But I wouldn't count on it...

So unfortunately, they don't reside anywhere for anyone to forward to you.  😞

Judith
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." ~ Me

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II

@JDSlagle 

Once you changed your servers, your email service ceased to exist.   Email is based on where those DNS / MX servers point to -- if there is no mail server there is no email. 

Depending on what systems sent to you there may be a slight chance some emails are out there somewhere and a resend attempt may happen.  But I wouldn't count on it...

So unfortunately, they don't reside anywhere for anyone to forward to you.  😞

Judith
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." ~ Me

View solution in original post