cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

MX Record updated on Bluehost's end but still getting MX error

Hello! So Godaddy support advised me to contact Bluehost and ask them to change the MX settings to the correct ones so the email will work from my site.

Bluehost updated the settings on their end. The server settings shows the updated settings.However, on the email dashboard, I'm still seeing the red error/triangle. Am I missing something? Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: MX Record updated on Bluehost's end but still getting MX error

Was this ever resolved? I am having the same problem with another site.

Hey @NormaS@tlewis133,

How long ago did you both submit your DNS changes? Generally when you make a zone record change of any kind, it requires time to complete propagation. Propagation time usually takes at least 24 hours, but is sometimes recognized within the first few hours. It can vary based on different locations within the DNS networks. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I am also having this issue. GoDaddy domain and email with BlueHost for my webhosting.

When I updated the MX records according this article, https://www.godaddy.com/help/my-email-stopped-working-after-setting-up-my-hosting-8950#fix

Everything started bouncing saying that there is no recipient at this address. 

I've tried just about every combination of LOCAL or REMOTE MAIL SERVER plus this information below:

If you used GoDaddy's email service, use the following MX records:

MX (Mail Exchanger) Priority Host Points To TTL

10@mailstore1.secureserver.net1 Hour
1@smtp.secureserver.net1 Hour

But it doesn't work. At this point, I have changed it back to REMOTE MAIL SERVER with 

priority host record points to ttl action

0@mail.mindfulgreensoul.com14400

I can send and receive to myself but it doesn't do any good. I have no other MX records currently, other than what you see. This was the default that BlueHost utilized.

I have tried from just about all of my accounts and this is what I get when I try and send messages into my domain. I cannot receive anything. For this example I used AOL but I've tried various methods, including online email testing services.

<m@mindfulgreensoul.com>: host mail.mindfulgreensoul.com[50.87.249.53] said:
550-Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client.
550-omr-a010e.mx.aol.com [204.29.186.54]:62539 is not permitted to relay
550 through this server without authentication. (in reply to RCPT TO
command)

Does anyone know what to do?