Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Message Delivery Failure - Trend Micro [Security Filter]

Our Client is not getting mails because of IP address being used for relaying emails holds a bad email reputation.

Error Message. Message Delivery Failure - Mail Delivery System.

There was an error while attempting to deliver your message with [Subject: "XXXXXXXX"] to XXXXXXX@ domain.com. It has been in the queue too long, and will not attempt delivery again. Reporting-MTA: dns; p3plsmtps2ded01.prod.phx3.secureserver.net [208.109.80.210]

When we checked with a client they are saying Trend Micro [Security Filter] that if any IP is detected as being the source of SPAM they automatically add it to their Quick IP list of known SPAM sources (QIL).

This in turn will automatically block emails from this IP from being received by them. Although we delisted all MTA IPs in [Trend Micro] globally but again after some time some IPs is being blocked when we ask support they are saying it's coming from a GO-DADDY email server based in the US, which is shared by many other users, which are the source of the SPAM. Did anyone get a solution for this kind of issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Muse
Super User I

@gurpreet_38 

I had this happen to me in the past.  This is one of the downsides of shared server environments.  In my case, the IP had such a bad reputation -- through no fault of my own -- that I had no choice but to migrate my site to another server/IP.    Try contacting GD support to find out how they can help you with that process. 😉

Judith
"Boldness be my friend." ~ William Shakespeare

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Muse
Super User I

@gurpreet_38 

I had this happen to me in the past.  This is one of the downsides of shared server environments.  In my case, the IP had such a bad reputation -- through no fault of my own -- that I had no choice but to migrate my site to another server/IP.    Try contacting GD support to find out how they can help you with that process. 😉

Judith
"Boldness be my friend." ~ William Shakespeare

View solution in original post

We find every alternative with GD even we asked to Upgrade Plan in the hope to get dedicated IPs but nothing comes out of the conversation. Lastly, we are planning now to migrate email services.