cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Message Delivery Failure for Email Forwarding

Hi everyone,

I am trying to set up email forwarding to my Gmail account, which I managed to do. However, I would also like to respond from that email address (the free one I got from buying a domain), and so I tried to add another email in Gmail. I added all of the SMTP information correctly, but when I send the verification code, I get this message: 

Message not delivered
There was a problem delivering your message to email address removed. See the technical details below, or try resending in a few minutes.
LEARN MORE
The response from the remote server was:

530 5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/?p=WantAuthError q19sm3010068eju.88 - gsmtp

Help!

1 REPLY 1
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Message Delivery Failure for Email Forwarding

When it comes to using Gmail as your email client I find that fetching rather than forwarding is better @SimonI. I am curious as to what email plan you are using for the free email with domain that you mentioned? The way the error you provided reads, you had some sort of denial of service and that could be from the free email you are using. You might be running into a 'free email doesn't allow remote access' kind of thing? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head