cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Microsoft Partner Center

Hi 

I'm having problems signing up to the Microsoft Partner Centre.  When I use my work email to sign up I get the following message 

Sorry...
We can't finish signing you up.
Your IT department has turned off signup for Partner Center. Contact them to complete signup.

Are there restrictions from the GoDaddy side blocking the sign up?

8 REPLIES 8
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Microsoft Partner Center

Hi @TommyHamilton. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! This is something that is disabled on our Office 365 accounts. You would need to use a different provider if this is a feature you need. Sorry Man Sad

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Can I switch just one account away or do I need to switch all accounts away?

I have the same problem, and this is not good!

😮

Hi JesseW

From all the documentation I can find along with contacting Microsoft they all point me back to GoDaddy and that this is possible with GoDaddy.

I can't even follow along with the steps in the link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/admin/setup/add-domain?view=o365-worldwide

If we need to move to a different provider then who provides this service?

Microsoft seem to think GoDaddy provide this service.

Tommy 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @TommyHamilton. The article mentions GoDaddy as a possible registrar in the process of verifying domains that are to be added to an Office 365 account. However, the process displayed isn't one that would work with what we have set up for our Office 365 customers. You should be able to do this if you have the right kind of Office 365 account through Microsoft directly. However, I don't know what the requirements are. I only know it won't work in our environment. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

The way I fixed it was to buy one more Domain from a different registrar that does not use MSOFFICE email, gives DNS service and that gives email domain forwarding. I bought the cheapest domain I could with DNS (same domain but with a .se domain extension in my case).

Then when this domain was working correctly and I could read emails, I used this address to sign up for MSP. I also made sure to use a private browsing window when I did this. Now I have 2 microsoft logins, but Im in business.

to keep it as clean as possible, I configured the email domain forwarding to send all mails from the .se to the .com

Solution

You can do this.

You have to have the credentials for your GoDaddy office 365 Administrator account.
You will need a Windows PC. If you don't have one spin one up on Microsoft Azure. Size A1 Windows 10 instances cast $0.02 per hour, so it won't cost you much.
Don't try to use Mac OS or Linux for this.
Start Windows Powershell by hitting Windows+R and typing "pwsh"
Type the following commands:
Install-Module AzureAD
Install-Module MSOnline
Connect-MsolService
At this point a dialogue will pop up prompting you to sign in to GoDaddy. Use your O365 admin credentials.
then run the following command:
Set-MsolCompanySettings -AllowAdHocSubscriptions $true

Now you can complete the partner signup.

No thanks to GoDaddy support who told me this was not possible.

@grumpbag wrote:
You can do this.

You have to have the credentials for your GoDaddy office 365 Administrator account.
You will need a Windows PC. If you don't have one spin one up on Microsoft Azure. Size A1 Windows 10 instances cast $0.02 per hour, so it won't cost you much.
Don't try to use Mac OS or Linux for this.
Start Windows Powershell by hitting Windows+R and typing "pwsh"
Type the following commands:
Install-Module AzureAD
Install-Module MSOnline
Connect-MsolService
At this point a dialogue will pop up prompting you to sign in to GoDaddy. Use your O365 admin credentials.
then run the following command:
Set-MsolCompanySettings -AllowAdHocSubscriptions $true

Now you can complete the partner signup.

No thanks to GoDaddy support who told me this was not possible.

This worked perfectly, thanks grumpbag

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hey Everyone. I just wanted to update here to clarify some things. Originally I had received information that suggested Partner Center wasn't available for our customers. However, after running @grumpbag's solution by our advanced teams again, I found out it is actually possible. The ability to add Ad Hoc subscriptions is available for all customers on our new platform. For those on the previous platform, you can touch base with our care team who can escalate a request to our advanced support to enable these ability to add subscriptions. This is the best way to go about this as there are still some Ad Hoc providers that are not allowed. However, the solution posted above will work as well, at least for Microsoft Partner Center. Thanks and sorry for any confusion Man Sad