cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Moving Email & Domain Away from GoDaddy

Hi there,

We need to transfer IMAP email and our domains away from GoDaddy (please don't question this - a year and half and over 30 hours of tech support spent trying to get them to fix it is quite enough).

We have 65 email accounts on a domain. I know how to transfer the domain but I have some questions about moving the email. When I transfer the domain, will I still have access to the old email accounts at GoDaddy on imap.secureserver.net?

Thank you

22 REPLIES 22
Employee
Employee

Re: Moving Email & Domain Away from GoDaddy

Good Afternoon,

Sorry to hear we weren't able to work out a resolution with you over the phone. We'll sure be sorry to see you go.

I've sent you a private message on how to proceed.

Have a great weekend,

Heather

GoDaddy Community Moderator

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

@Heather, I'm doing the same. Can you please send me the info on how emails transfer? Thanks

Employee
Employee

Hello @antoniosipa!

Bummer that you're transferring away! You can create the email addresses with your new email host any time. Emails that have already been received can't be transferred. Though, you can retain them if you download them to your computer. You can do that by setting the address up in an email client.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

Heather, 

We are having a problem with our email as well.  Secureserver keeps giving error messages saying that we are sending spam / viruses when we aren't.  How do we fix this and stay with Godaddy?

Heather, I have a client who wants us to transfer hosting responsabilities over to her. This domain expires at the end of the week, so i need to send her the information asap. What do I need to do on my end?

Hi @jap8746

You will want to reach out to our support team, with the original message that you are sending as well as the bounce back in order for us to troubleshoot the issue.  

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Solution

Hi @stephens65 ,

If your client is wanting to transfer the domain name away from us, please check out these instructions on what to do. If they are with us as well, you will just need to do an account change.

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

Godaddy is the worst I have ever seen.. I have spend hours on phone support and nothing done. No email support this is the most terrible experience I have ever had,

I need help, or info on how to move my hosting from this company... I do not want to pay a single penny for you and will let every single person I know how bad your service is 

New

I need help with moving my email from Godaddy to Google. Is it as simple as canceling my Godaddy email and setting up a Google account?  Will I be able to see my Godaddy account and continue to read old emails?

Thea

Heather

I am having the same issue. I would like to transfer my godaddy email to another host. My domain is already transferred but my email is not working. Can you send me the email you mentioned above? 

New

Ditto,  I am still awaiting a phone call, no-one knows how to use my Exchange 2010, grandfathered account through godaddy,  I have spent thousands, and will be getting to the bottom of how I have been charged but was told to look up some YOU TUBE videos by the tech support!  They were to call me after I declined to educate myself on a product that had full tech support.  CRAZY!!  NOT happy!  and I used to be, sad changes at godaddy!

Hello

I would like to transfer my domain away from GoDaddy too, can you send me info  on how to go about it, please.

Regards

April

New

good morning. I need to transfer my domain name to another web hosting partner. Godaddy has done nothing wrong but just came down to cost. I need an authorization code in order to proceed. Can you please supply the authorization code and any relevant instructions.

Thank you

One more email migration here - can I get your recommended instructions, please?

New

ok people, let think. it is on an exchange. any email you already have received you need to get the desktop app and download them to a zip drive but afterwards, simply remove your email from your o365 account, and set up the same email through your new host. the emails come from the server, online, yep, that is right, it isnt gone, and at that point it is up to you and the new host to change your mx records which would be a part of your dns records. your new host, who should be assisting you with these problems if they are so much better than godaddy, should be able to assist you now that you are no longer wanting godaddy service. godaddy, whether they keep you as a customer or not, goes out of their way to help anyone staying or going so knock off that talk or remove yourself from this board. and people, educate yourselves before you come on here talking **bleep** about a company that is truly the best in customer service and works hard to give you the best hosting, design, online tools and jesus, they have all the newest domain extension there are. if you cant even move your email to another hosting platform (do you even know what that means?) then dont knock the good guys. you will be back. and no i am not an employee, but i use to work for them and they know their stuff.  pipe down and google it for god sakes or use the help forum.or maybe just read up on what exchange means and it might click. you wont get a business domain like you have with godaddy, not even through microsoft. done rant.

Email Transfer to Squarespace?

Hi, I have transferred my domain successfully to Squarespace, but cannot work out how to transfer my email address - both are with GoDaddy, I want both to be hosted on Squarespace. 

TIA.

New

Email migration to another host

Hi,

I need to migrate my email accounts from godaddy to another host. I dont have a domain with godaddy anymore as they have been migrated already. I dont have a cpanel access page with godaddy anymore.

How do I migrate the email accounts?

Thanks

Sandy

Re: Email migration to another host

I would like to point my Go Daddy email to my new host (not move hosts, just point).  I have taken the steps necessary in the new host, but they said the next steps are to complete the steps in Go Daddy.  I can't seem to locate the email workspace settings.  Can you please help?

I also need to move.  They changed all of the DNS info, including the IP address, for my domain!  My domain just quit working!  I had exported the zone settings so I know it was set correctly before! They had no idea why it happened and said (in a very condescending way) that they could not guarantee that it would not happen again!  They can't guarantee that they won't break your domain!  Just WOW!

They also just RE-BILLED my for $182 for a bill from 4 months ago that I've already paid!  They will not credit my account!  And they are just plain rude!

They're new MO is to say, "I don't want to argue with you" - they all say that!  They just want to make customers mad and frustrated.

Hi I'm currently paying $360/2 yr for office 365 online. I only need 1 email account and never use the Godaddy site to read and wrote emails. I use office on my lap top, desktop and iphone which have been purchased separately.

I want to keep my domain and I guess I'll need hosting. for the few emails I receive and write it seems a rip off at $360/2yr for 1 email,account hosting and domain.

I believe I need to move to another service provider. Which one and how to migrate my domain name?

Regards

Hugo

I am considering moving to a gmail account, I don't like the calendar 3 day view in Outlook.  My wife and I have nothing but frustration linking our contact and calendar even after a number of calls to tech support.

Thanks

Greg