cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Rick21
New

Moving from GoDaddy Email to Microsoft 365

Moving from GoDaddy's Office 365 offering to Microsoft 365 offering should be a hassle free process per other providers, however, GoDaddy seems to be deliberately slow in releasing / deleting the tenant if you seek to move.  Their agents will tell you that it had been released and it will be available 24 hours later!  Each cycle the next customer officer does the same.  More then 2 cycles later this repeats!  Very frustrating roundabout, meanwhile, the email does not work!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LunarGuy
Employee

Hi @Rick21,

I'm sorry to hear about the frustration you've had to deal with regarding defederating a domain from your tenant. The process involves us having to remove the domain from the tennant once all items in the tennant associated with the domain have been removed. Unfortunately there are times where it appears all the items we can see have been deleted and we can submit a domain removal request with Microsoft; which is where we're prompted by Microsoft for a 24 hour official time frame. The problem is the defederation process can't tell us exactly what remaining items such as aliases (for any active microsoft groups, distros, or shared mailboxes) are causing it to fail. I've even seen an alias that was saved on netorg microsoft group name. In cases where the domain fails to be removed from the tennant, yourself and our Guide can't determine where the remaining items are or if its failing for some other reason. We have to take it to a tech lead to further diagnose and determine what's preventing it from defederating. Again apologies with the frustration this has caused.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
LunarGuy
Employee

Hi @Rick21,

I'm sorry to hear about the frustration you've had to deal with regarding defederating a domain from your tenant. The process involves us having to remove the domain from the tennant once all items in the tennant associated with the domain have been removed. Unfortunately there are times where it appears all the items we can see have been deleted and we can submit a domain removal request with Microsoft; which is where we're prompted by Microsoft for a 24 hour official time frame. The problem is the defederation process can't tell us exactly what remaining items such as aliases (for any active microsoft groups, distros, or shared mailboxes) are causing it to fail. I've even seen an alias that was saved on netorg microsoft group name. In cases where the domain fails to be removed from the tennant, yourself and our Guide can't determine where the remaining items are or if its failing for some other reason. We have to take it to a tech lead to further diagnose and determine what's preventing it from defederating. Again apologies with the frustration this has caused.

View solution in original post