cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Factor authentication PROBLEM

Hi.

I've recently set up Office 365 through godaddy for one of my domains.

Went ahead and added the Azure Multi-Factor Authentication service through the admin portal.

Well it works - however EVERY time I either have the computer go to sleep, or close the browser or whatever it will require me to re-auth through ms authenticator on my smartphone, and I mean every time.

Searching around for a solution, microsoft's office 365 should let you set up to REMEMBER a device for 14 days (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/authentication/howto-mfa-mfasettings#remembe...)...

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 07.51.20.png

The "Mark a device as trusted" segment in the link above (see screenshot above & link)...

However,  there is NO SUCH OPTION available anywhere...  

Also the verification methods are oddly limited to SMS/Call and Authenticator no thing such as Ubikey...etc (which according to my information should be an option with MS Office 365).

Any idea what goes wrong?

I'm close to deactivating 2-FA (MFA) again, because handled like it currently is, it's an utter annoyance.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Multi-Factor authentication PROBLEM

Howdy! Have you happened to find a solution for that? Cheers

@dgentile wrote:

Hi.

I've recently set up Office 365 through godaddy for one of my domains.

Went ahead and added the Azure Multi-Factor Authentication service through the admin portal.

Well it works - however EVERY time I either have the computer go to sleep, or close the browser or whatever it will require me to re-auth through ms authenticator on my smartphone, and I mean every time.

Searching around for a solution, microsoft's office 365 should let you set up to REMEMBER a device for 14 days (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/authentication/howto-mfa-mfasettings#remembe...)...

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 07.51.20.png

The "Mark a device as trusted" segment in the link above (see screenshot above & link)...

However,  there is NO SUCH OPTION available anywhere...  

Also the verification methods are oddly limited to SMS/Call and Authenticator no thing such as Ubikey...etc (which according to my information should be an option with MS Office 365).

Any idea what goes wrong?

I'm close to deactivating 2-FA (MFA) again, because handled like it currently is, it's an utter annoyance.

Re: Multi-Factor authentication PROBLEM

Any Info On this?

The problem is beginning to be more trouble than it is worth.  I am wondering if this only affects GoDaddy users?

When I ask questions on forums it seems most Normal MS Office 365 Users don't have these problems.   Those that did, found solutions   If anything , it has gotten much worse.