cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Need to Send 1000's of Emails - Is There A Hosting Solution

Hi,

I have a website that will have the need to send 1000's (unlimited) numbers of emails in the form of announcements from a subscribed user to their subscribed users.  Currently, I am on a Business Host account and am limited to 500 emails per day. I currently send these emails via PHP mail() and SMTP and thus hit my daily limits.

Additionally, the FROM email addresses are NOT my email address. The sending email address can be any subscribed user's email address (not from any domain I control). Does VPS allow for unlimited emails from non-hosted email addresses?  Is there any other solution available in addition to or instead of VPS?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Need to Send 1000's of Emails - Is There A Hosting Solution

@CrowdQuestion 

Personally I would suggest to use something like Amazon SES ($0.10/1000 emails sent)

What you would need to do is configure your "FROM" to be a generic email address like "emailsystem@domain.com" - which is what is authenticated with Amazon for sending

Then set your reply to address to be the person sending it. 

Be prepared to provide some documentation / explanation of your usage to amazon and confirming that these are opt-in users.

Additionally just be aware that amazon will shut down / suspend the account if you get a high volume of bounces or spam flags

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community