cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mea
Novice

Need to configure email with TLS

I need to configure emails running through domain hosted by godaddy to use TLS. I have been told this requires the purchase of the Business premium that includes Office. If I purchase this package, what are the steps required to implement TLS?

5 REPLIES
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Need to configure email with TLS

Hi @mea. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

Office 365 accounts should use TLS by default if you are connecting to the account using exchange protocols. For more information on that, please visit this page and click the link for "email client & mobile device setup", then select the instructions for the device you're connecting with. If you intend to connect to the account via POP or IMAP, then TLS would only be available on outbound SMTP messages (using port 587). Hope that helps. If not, please provide more details on your situation. Another community member may have just the answer you need.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

mea wrote:

I need to configure emails running through domain hosted by godaddy to use TLS. I have been told this requires the purchase of the Business premium that includes Office. If I purchase this package, what are the steps required to implement TLS?

mea wrote:

mea wrote:

mea wrote:

mea wrote:

mea wrote:

There are really two elements that the user may be asking about; you only addressed one element. The first element is "securely accessing mailboxes and sending messages from user's local Mail User Agent via the GoDaddy Email Servers", which you touched on with IMAP 993 and 587 Mail Submission. However, you should _also_ address TLS-secured and encrypted emails between the MTAs (Mail Transfer Agents). That is, between the GoDaddy servers (who are sending for "User@Example.Com") and the ultimate recipient server (e.g. "Target@Example.Org") and back. The initial writer may be concerned that SMTP email between GoDaddy's servers and the rest of the world may be sent in Clear Text.
ryder88
Novice

[removed by Moderator]

AlKhalifa
Novice

Hello 

I need to set up my email using POP3/IMAP, my Outlook is 2010

so please write me clearly the following:

POP3/IMAP  of Several information & several port numbers

Incoming mail server: