cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie struggling with getting emails to work properly

Sorry everyone if you all go "DUH" lol but I'm a newbie and I'm out of my depth! LOL - I've recently transferred my domains to GoDaddy. The two users are using Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2010 respectively. I had all kinds of problems getting both the clients working properly (Thank You GoDaddy Support for a 4 hour live chat!!!) but I've now discovered a "residual" problem - my accounts with GoDaddy are set up as POP (not my choice, its just what it did?) - the Outlook 2003 client does exactly what I expect of a POP client - it downloads the messages to my computer, I read them, delete them, and they disappear from GoDaddy Workspace - the Outlook 2010 client however doesn't seem to want to do the same, so the users mailbox is filling up every few hours and he's having manually delete the messages in Workspace. GoDaddy have been slightly less than helpful so far, telling me that the Outllook 2003 client shouldn't be working (although it is - perfectly lol) and I'm just floundering out of my depth now! Can anyone point me in a direction to try to solve this???

1 REPLY 1
Rockstar II

@slevyme wrote:

Sorry everyone if you all go "DUH" lol but I'm a newbie and I'm out of my depth! LOL - I've recently transferred my domains to GoDaddy. The two users are using Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2010 respectively. I had all kinds of problems getting both the clients working properly (Thank You GoDaddy Support for a 4 hour live chat!!!) but I've now discovered a "residual" problem - my accounts with GoDaddy are set up as POP (not my choice, its just what it did?) - the Outlook 2003 client does exactly what I expect of a POP client - it downloads the messages to my computer, I read them, delete them, and they disappear from GoDaddy Workspace - the Outlook 2010 client however doesn't seem to want to do the same, so the users mailbox is filling up every few hours and he's having manually delete the messages in Workspace. GoDaddy have been slightly less than helpful so far, telling me that the Outllook 2003 client shouldn't be working (although it is - perfectly lol) and I'm just floundering out of my depth now! Can anyone point me in a direction to try to solve this???

@slevyme When you setup the email did you indicate to delete the email from the server?

--