cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Office 365 Exchange - Couldn't deliver to the following recipients:

I have setup multiple domain email accounts that forward to my main email address. They appear to be setup correctly with my forwarding rules. I am attempting to test the forwarding from my Office 365 Outlook and Outlook does not recognize my new email addresses as valid email addresses. It says "The recipients weren't found at mydomain;" The un-deliverable e-mail I get back says Unknown Address Couldn't deliver to the following recipients : address1@mydomain, address2@mydomain, address3@mydomain

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Office 365 Exchange - Couldn't deliver to the following recipients:

@whasling 

Have you updated your MX record to point to office 365???

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted

My primary account is showing and MX Error.

When I click on Learn more it says...

"Based on your current MX record settings, we determined that your email is currently set up to work with Microsoft. You cannot manage third party email accounts from the Workspace Control Center."

I really don't understand what all this means...

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@whasling 

So you have domain.com with Office 365 and it seems like you have already setup the MX records so that you will receive email there.

So you have let's say info@domain.com and you want that to forward to user1@domain.com where user1 is the actual email account..... 

That being said - info is not a FORWARD, but rather an alias, so you need to go into Office 365 and add it as an alias on that account

Hopefully this all makes sense

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Solution

Thanks! Setting up the Alias in Office 365 is what I needed to do. It's working great.