cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Office365 account not able to send email

Hello, 

I recently bought a domain with an Office365 account here on GoDaddy. I have a website hosted on DigitalOcean to which the domain points. The website is built with Laravel and before subscribing to Office365 I used a gmail account for mailing the users and it was working fine, now I'm trying to switch to my new Office365 account but with no success.

I'm using this parameters 

MAIL_DRIVER=smtp
MAIL_HOST=smtp.office365.com
MAIL_PORT=587
MAIL_USERNAME=my_office365_account
MAIL_PASSWORD=my_password
MAIL_ENCRYPTION=tls

but I'm not able to send any email and I'm getting this error 

Expected response code 250 but got code "550", with message "550 5.7.708 Service unavailable. Access denied, traffic not accepted from this IP. For more information please go to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=526653

Could any of you point me in the right direction to solve this ?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Solution

Re: Office365 account not able to send email

Hi @icomad, thanks for posting.

What you described doing isn't something that Office 365 supports. It's only meant to be used to send emails from your email account or your personal email client, not a hosting server. If you are wanting to send email from your hosted site, I suggest contacting your hosting provider for suggestions.

Based on the information from the link in the error message you received, the IP (your hosting provider) is blocked from sending emails through Office 365.

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status

Re: Office365 account not able to send email

Hey!!

Can you tell me why this link doesn't work anymore? https://wcc.godaddy.com/

I just wanna use the old Emailing system that godaddy was using...

I don't wanna use Outlook or this **bleep**...

Please can you re-fix the old emailing system that go daddy have??