Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

OneDrive issue

Hi,

We operate a small company with 3 members of staff, 1 of whom works remotely as we all do from time to time.

Office365 is purchased through GoDaddy.  

We want to move to working on the OneDrive (all files are currently stored on a main pc in the office) so that we all have access.

I access the OneDrive from my laptop away from the office by clicking on the cloud icon – 1 click.

I access the OneDrive at the office through logging into GoDaddy and then Office365 – many clicks and passwords:

> Copy files to OneDrive folder on the pc
> Sign into GoDaddy
> Name
> Sign into Office365
> Home
> Office365
> Sign into OneDrive
> Sync

Is it possible to create a link from my pc to the OneDrive so that I can access and, importantly, work in OneDrive more easily (the less clicks the better)?

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: OneDrive issue

Hello 

1. Select the white or blue OneDrive cloud icon in the Windows taskbar notification area.

OneDrive SyncClient with blue cloud and white cloud icons

Note: You might need to select the Show hidden icons arrow The Show hidden icons button. next to the notification area to see the OneDrive icon.

2. Select More > Settings.

Screenshot of getting to OneDrive Settings

3. Select the Account tab, and select Choose folders.

4. In the Sync your OneDrive files to this PC dialog box, uncheck any folders you don't want to sync to your computer and select OK.

Dialog box for selecting sync folders

Note: You cannot add non-OneDrive folders (such as C: and DSmiley Happy.

If you uncheck a folder you are syncing to your computer, the folder will be removed from your computer. The folder and its contents will still be available online. The sync settings you choose are unique to each computer unless you're syncing everything everywhere. Also, if you're choosing folders on two computers and you create a new folder on computer A that you want to sync to computer B, you'll need to go to computer B and select the new folder there.

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.