cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Putting a password/security over an email in c panel

I understand that anyone who has access to cPanel can change an email account's password easily, and because there is more than one user who has access to my Cpanel, I want to put a "password" before the user can make changes to this particular email account in Cpanel (in other words, a password needs entered before the user logged into cPanel can change that email account's password). This is just for added privacy and security for a particular email account. Anyone has any idea?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Putting a password/security over an email in c panel

@khidiralhallaj 

I want to make sure I understand what you are asking correctly - 

You have a cPanel account lets call it mainuser for this purpose - this mainuser is the full cpanel admin.

You then have user1 who is an email user - and you don't want the email user to change their password???

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hello, not quite.

Me and another user (call him UserOne) both have access to this cPanel account I am using now. 

Under this cPanel account, I created an email account for myself (call it Example@domain.com). I understand that if UserOne log into this Cpanel, he can change Example@domain.com's password without requiring to key the old password in or without entering any security pin e.g. 

I wish to know if it is possible to add a layer of security pin or password before UserOne can make changes to Example@domain.com's password.

In summary, i do not want UserOne (who has access to the same cPanel as me) to make a password change on my email account. Therefore I want to add a layer of security pin before Example@domain.com password could be changed.

Thank you for your help

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@khidiralhallaj

Thank you for the additional clarification. I fully understand what you’re looking to do unfortunately based on the couple Google searches that I did there is no way in cPanel to accomplish this. Additionally cPanel only allows one user per account so it’s not like you could set up a separate user with different access.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted

i see, thank you still for your help