cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on email not coming through

I have an email that is a go daddy email that is forwarded to a couple of other accounts.  On several occasions the following happens:

- an email comes in and skips the go daddy email box completely and shows up in the forwarded emails.  we want it to come into the go daddy box as well and it is labeled the email of the go daddy email box but it skips it and shows up in the email boxes it's forwarded to.  These are not spam, they are coming from clients and sometimes people who have emailed us before.  One additional thing to think on, I added another go daddy email to the forwarding list and it doesn't show up there either.   I cannot figure out why?

Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Question on email not coming through

Hi @JenS1347. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! That sounds like a tricky situation. It would be helpful if you can clarify what kind of addresses you have set up. I'm guessing you're using Workspace Email. If you set up a forwarding address, those do not have an inbox and you wouldn't be able to receive email at them. There is an option to send a CC of received emails on regular inboxes though. If you used the second method and aren't seeing the messages, I'd double check your Junk/Bulk Mail folder. If the messages aren't there, then I'd recommend contacting our customer care team, so our advanced support can review the mail logs to see what happened to the messages in question. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

GMAIL emails not coming through

We have an email account with go daddy and login through webmail.

I have it set up to forward emails to my gmail and hotmail accounts.

Daily, any emails coming from gmail accounts do not come into my go daddy email (not inbox, bulk or spam/trash) yet they show in my hotmail and gmail forwarded accounts.

I have called and spent hours with the go daddy team.  We have added SPF records, changed settings, everything I can think of to do.

If I add a gmail account directly to the allowed list it comes through, but new customers (we run a business) emails from gmail accounts are not being received.

Please help! Thanks!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: GMAIL emails not coming through

Hi @JenS1347. It's really hard to say for sure what's happening in this case. It definitely sounds like something account specific as I haven't heard of any system-wide issues with Gmail and our Workspace Email accounts. The only thing I can suggest is (since it works if you add a single address to your allowed list) to add the Gmail domain itself to the allowed list. This should clear all addresses from Gmail. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.