Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Helper I
Helper I

Reverting Nameserver and DNS to previous settings

Hello everyone,

Does anyone has experience with reverting Nameservers and DNS settings for a domain name registered with GoDaddy?

I've made a mistake changing that to a custom Nameserver where I should have done only change to the A record as I wanted the domain name to open a website hosted with another hosting provider but leave all the other services such as the Office 365 mail with GoDaddy.

Thanks for the feedback and comments.

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
Rockstar II Rockstar II
Rockstar II
Solution

Re: Reverting Nameserver and DNS to previous settings

Change the nameservers back to default to use GoDaddy DNS and your settings should be as you left them.  Then you would be able to edit the A record.

Helper IV

Hello,

I hope you are  well.   There is no  way to automatically reset your domain's DNS records or nameservers. The easiest way to get your default records back is by switching your domain's nameservers from 'standard' to 'custom' then back to 'standard'.

Add nameservers in the domain nameserver panel, which is provided by the server (hosting)company. once you add the nameservers, it may take upto 30 min to 24 hours for the redirect to take place.

1.Log into Simple Control Panel.
2.Click the DNS icon.
3.Click Reset DNS Preferences.
4.Specify how you want to manage your preferences.
5.Click Save.

For more info

https://pk.godaddy.com/help/set-nameservers-for-domains-hosted-and-registered-with-godaddy-12316

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy PRO | Founder/CEO at Tech Mag , ZulWeb , Enter to Study
Helper I
Helper I

@Nate that's what I was told on the phone by GoDaddy support. My concern was only when I do that, will I get the old DNS settings as set by GoDaddy before me changing to custom Nameserver. Well, as I understood this is how it will work.

@ZulWeb thank you for trying to help, I may not have been clear enough and you spent your time to help, I appreciate that. My issue was more with what will happen once I do change from custom Nameservers to original and default GoDaddy Nameserver.