cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP and gmail SendAs

I have a couple of domains that I've bought for email forwarding to gmail addresses. I've set up the CNAME and it works, but I can't figure out how to Send As from gmail. Nothing I put into the SMTP settings in Gmail works. Does anyone know what the correct settings are? I've searched, but not found anything that has helped.

thanks,

Cameron

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: SMTP and gmail SendAs

Hi @CameronWhite. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! If you have our Workspace Email forwarding, these are not compatible with SMTP services. There is no active mailbox for you to be able to send messages through. The address simply functions as a forward. If you want to be able to send emails from an address specific to your domain, you would need some form of email plan. Free forwarding credits would not work for this. Sorry Man Sad

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thanks JesseW,

I know it used to work without an email plan on GoDaddy, as I have half a dozen domains that I use just for email addresses. Can you recommend any other domain name hosts that don't require a monthly fee to do mail forwarding?

thanks,

Cameron

Community Manager
Community Manager

@CameronWhite - I'm not sure why this would have ever worked in the past without a functioning email address. We did offer free email addresses with new domain registrations a number of years ago, but that promotion has ended. If you've been a customer for a long time, you may have free email credits that are still available in your account (see the additional products section at the bottom of your "My Products" page). If you do, you could use those to set up functioning email boxes. 

As far as free providers go, the only one I know of is Zoho mail. I can't endorse or comment on the service though as I've never used it. Though with free services I usually find the old adage "you get what you pay for" remains to be true. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.