cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New

SMTP server is blacklisted and shows Vulnerability

My shared hosting server is sending email out through Godaddy

first server it hits is this SMTP server. 

a2plcpnl0881.prod.iad2.secureserver.net 107.180.108.33

this server is blacklisted, and shows its infected or has major issues.   I have spoken to godaddy support 4 times and no one can fix it.   can anyone please recommend how to get this resolved.

Since I am sending emails from dynamic IP's from Godaddy,  so Godaddy will have to delist the IP's in their cidr block.

https://www.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip=107.180.108.33

107.180.108.33 is listed

This IP address was detected and listed 1 times in the past 28 days, and 0 times in the past 24 hours. The most recent detection was at Fri Aug 2 09:45:00 2019 UTC +/- 5 minutes

This IP is infected (or NATting for a computer that is infected) with a botnet, most likely matsnu.

Matsnu acts as a downloader and remotely controlled trojan.

For more information on this botnet, and mitigation strategies, please see:

Microsoft Matsnu
This was detected by observing this IP attempting to make contact to a "matsnu" Command and Control server, with contents unique to "matsnu" C&C command protocols.

This was detected by a TCP connection from "107.180.108.33" on port "50492" going to IP address "216.218.185.162" (the sinkhole) on port "80".

The botnet command and control domain for this connection was "brucelonerice.com".

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

Re: SMTP server is blacklisted and shows Vulnerability

@smkl99 

Best advice I can give here is to stop using SMTP and use a service for email and email marketing. This has always been a weak spot for hosting users. I solved it by not using it at all. I've been happy ever since.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community