Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP settings for setting up alias in Airmail

Hi, I'm trying to set up an alias in Airmail for mac. I use icloud, for which my address is kguess@me.com. I want to set up my godaddy domain email address (music@kevinguess.com) as an alias so that it shows as the sent and reply-to address. But I need smtp information. I tried using smtpout.secureserver.net with port 465 an SSL selected. I used music@kevinguess.com as the username and my godaddy password as the password. I got this from a past post to this forum. When I tried "Test SMTP," however, it failed. Am I missing something? 

4 REPLIES 4
abdul
Getting Started

loging your emai and see your email client setting ...this email is godaddy workspeces email or Webmail?

workspace, I guess. my plan is email account 3, and currently forwards to my me.com account. I tried setting the SMTP for the alias in Airmail to smtpout.secureserver.net, then for authentication setting the username to music@kevinguess.com (the address for my godaddy registered domain name) and the password to my godaddy password. But when I tested the SMTP, it failed. When I turned off authentication, the SMTP test was successful, but sending an email using the alias failed. Airmail techs said I need to get the correct SMTP info from y'all. 

Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm having the same problem & don't know what to use for my setup settings.....

cheers

Hello @TessaTuttle!

Welcome to the community! One thing that may help you get an answer from someone on a thread is if you "tag" them. Here you would do so by typing the @ symbol and then clicking their name. This will send them a message, bringing their attention to your question. 🙂

In regards to your question, if it's Workspace email you have, you can use the guide here to help find your settings.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support